Friday 28 February 2014

Tuka Franciscan Orphanage 2009

Panti Asuhan Katolik
Jalan Raya Tuka
Bangar Dalung
(62 361) 747 3827

Every picture tells a story..............

This story is about the kids in the Tuka Orphanage, in Bali, run by the Franciscan Sisters.

Being Catholic in a primarily Muslim country the orphanage receives no government support. It relies upon the generosity of visitors.

Around 100 kids are catered for here ranging in age from 3-adult and they remain here until they can make an independent living. Some kids have no mother or father, or no parents at all. While others have parents who are financially unable to care of them.

Whatever is donated here is either directly used or sold to benefit the kids.

Sponsors: 
Virgin Australia International-excess luggage allowance
Jump Rope For Heart Adelaide-skipping ropes
Our Lady of Hope School-clothing, stationery, money
Spencer family-money
Suzanne & Kathy-money & moral support

Unloading all the wonderful goodies to donate.
Can we help unload?



Time to share the donations around...
.

Yep...This is pretty cool.
We like these...








Singing Edelweis .....Our thank you song.
Now for my guided tour...
Looks like I have many guides on this tour..
We'll show you around too!





Communal dining room

School room



Communal wardrobe spaces
Shared sleeping room
Church

Girls just wanna have fun....
fun...fun...fun...
Hi there!


Too cool for school...and skipping!

We love it!

I can cross over!
Trying to keep up with the kids..



You're out!

I'm still in!




What about Me? I can do 'Pepper.'
Ha ha ha...I'm so tangled up!
Shhhhh....Don't tell her it's time to go just yet...

This is bit hard for me...
Break time for us...This is pretty tiring..
What the.....I'd rather be flying my kite thanks...
Yep...I'm in my happy place.
















No comments:

Post a Comment